Here we go again! The series of side-events to the light show Rendez-vous Bundesplatz 2020 – Planet Hope will resume on 1 September.
Originally scheduled for October-November 2020, the series was put on hold due to the health crisis. We are holding 5 events on the subject of sustainable development and data to set discussions in motion before the United Nations World Data Forum, which is also taking place in Bern from 3 to 6 October 2021.
The events will be held at the Cantonal Bank of Bern, at the Bundesplatz. They will focus on various aspects of sustainable development, such as food systems or the role of the private sector. All the necessary information can be found on the individual page for each event:
- 1 September: Data as raw material for a modern state, organised by the Federal Statistical Office
- 9 September: Away from plastic waste – approaches and solutions, organised by OceanCare
- 16 September: Food Systems: are we eating at the expense of the most vulnerable, organised by Platform Agenda 2030 and the Centre for Development and Environment of the University of Bern
- 22 September: International cooperation with the private sector, a good development? Organised by Alliance Sud.
- 28 September: Development cooperation – Quo vadis? Organised by Alliance Sud.
We look forward to seeing you there! To join us please don’t forget to bring identification with you and a COVID certificate (for more information: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat.html)
D-51 before the United Nations World Data Forum!