This event, co-organized by the HLG-PCCB, UNSD and the Bern Network, will take stock of the latest developments and progress in implementing the CTGAP and the Dubai Declaration, with a particular focus on new approaches and mechanisms, for example the Bern Network’s Clearinghouse for Financing Development Data.
The session will aim to provide participants with:
– An overview of the new challenges and increased needs for financial and technical support resulting from
– A better understanding of the state of play for financing data and statistics and the implementation of the
CTGAP and Dubai Declaration, drawing on the latest activities of the HLG-PCCB, NSOs and main donors; -Sharing progress on the Clearinghouse for Financing Development Data, a new global platform being
developed by the Bern Network to match supply and demand for statistical support; and
– An interactive discussion to receive participant feedback and generate recommendations for the way
forward for this agenda, with a view to paving the road for deliberations and outcomes of the UN World
Data Forum, co-hosted by Switzerland and UNSD in October 2021.
To attend the event, please register using the link here.
09:00 – 09:05 Introduction and welcome remarks
Stefan Schweinfest, Director, United Nations Statistics Division 09:05 – 09:25 New needs for more and more efficient funding – Country experiences
Introduction and overview of findings from UNSD: Francesca Perucci, Deputy Director,
Presentation by Mercy Kanyuka, Commissioner of Statistics, Malawi
9:25 – 10:25 Latest developments – Innovative ways for financing development data
Moderator: Shaida Badiee, Managing Director, Open Data Watch
– Ola Awad, President of Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics and HLG-PCCB CoChair
– Johannes Jütting, Executive Head, PARIS21
– Haishan Fu, Director, Development Data Group, World Bank
– Georges-Simon Ulrich, Director-General, Swiss Federal Statistical Office
– Anita Zaidi, President, Gender Equality, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (tbc) Interactive 30-minute Q&A discussion with participants
10:25 – 10:30 Concluding remarks and way forward
Bård Vegar Solhjell, Director-General, Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation