This event represents the starting point of a discussion between the different stakeholders that will continue at the online Global Forum on Gender Statistics as well as at the hybrid UN World Data Forum (UNWDF) in September and October.
Organized by the Swiss Confederation (Project Road to Bern / UNWDF, FSO and the Federal Office for Gender equality (FOGE)), Facebook, UN Women and the UN Statistics Division. this event will be held on 25 August 2021 at 4pm (CEST) in a virtual form only.
The objective is to highlight the work done by the different producers and important, to present joint work done in the previous months (e.g. Project conducted in Africa: Using FB data and official data by an NGO or University).
16:00-16:15: Opening – setting the stage
– Welcome and introduction: Benjamin Rothen, Head International And National Affairs Unit, Swiss Federal Statistical Office
– Key note: Presenting the need for more information pertaining to SDG 5 and Gender as a cross-cutting issue related to other SDGs, Sylvie Durrer, Director General, Swiss Federal Office for Gender Equality
16:15-16:35: Introduction in the work that is done currently by official and private data producers
– Status of the production of official statistics on Gender, Papa Seck, Chief Statistician, UN Women
– The opportunity of private-intent data production: What type of insights can private data producers share? Anna Lerner, Facebook
16:35-17:25: Discussion and concrete examples to combine private and official data
– Critical considerations on the use of data coming from the private sector, Kelli Rodgers, DEVEX
– What are the technical challenges on combining the differently produced data? Ronald Jansen, UNSD
– Using Facebook data and official data by Fraym, Melissa Persaud, Fraym
– Data producers experience: How is the situation in a developing country? Albina Chuwa, Chief Statistician, Tanzania
– Discussion and Q&A
17:25-17:30: Summary, outlook and closing the event
– What are the next steps? Shaida Badiee, Open Data Watch
Data Science Official Statistics – Ronald Jansen (.pptx)
Road to Bern – Anna Lerner – Facebook (.pdf)
Road to Bern – Fraym (.pptx)
Road to Bern event – Gender UNW (.pptx)