How data and technology can work together to improve the quality of life in cities? How to use the potential of remote sensing data for developing innovative solutions for smart and sustainable cities? These questions will be answered by policymakers, data scientists and practitioners – the panelists for the Polish-Swiss event “Harnessing Remote Sensing for Sustainable Cities”.
The event focuses on:
• advanced methods and innovations for better life quality in cities,
• multi-stakeholder cooperation for sustainable urbanisation,
• practical application of SDGs, with special emphasis on SDG 11. Sustainable Cities and Communities,
• use of data for making evidence-based decisions in urban development,
• modern face of the official statistics: new research methods, new surveys, new products and new services.
The event agenda includes keynote address by Adam Guibourgé-Czetwertyński, Vice Minister of Climate and Environment of Poland and panel discussions with experts and practitioners in the field of urbanisation, sustainability, digitization and data:
• “From Smart City to Smart Community” which discusses how remote sensing technology can make cities both smarter (so they can provide their services more efficiently) and more sustainable (environment-friendly and inclusive)
• “The Power of Smart Data” which explores ways to further leverage data science and statistics to promote sustainable transformation of cities.
Adam Guibourgé-Czetwertyński, Vice-Minister of Climate and Environment, Poland
Dominik Rozkrut, President of Statistics Poland
Georges Simon Ulrich, Director General, Swiss Federal Statistical Office
Małgorzata Greszta, CSR Consulting, Poland
Dorota Sikora-Fernandez, PhD, University of Łódź, Poland
Annalisa Donati, EURISY
Wojciech Drożdż, ENEA Operator, Poland
Adrienne Grêt-Regamey, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Darjan Hil, Superdot, Switzerland
Dennis Mwaniki, UN-Habitat
Aleksander Orłowski, Gdańsk University of Technology, Poland
Jacqueline Gasser-Beck, Member of the Parliament of the City of St. Gallen, Switzerland
Dominik Rozkrut, Statistics Poland
Elias H. Schäfer, Smart Regio Basel, Switzerland
Paul Schreyer, OECD
Georges Simon Ulrich, Swiss Federal Statistical Office
Stefaan Verhulst, Governance Laboratory at New York University
REGISTER HERE .
Streaming of the event is https://youtu.be/_0PgdMyqshc.